Thursday, February 11, 2010

Power Outage Related Emergencies, Deaths, Injuries, Losses

We have over 20 inches of snow in the Shenandoah Valley and a wind advisory overnight.  Luckily, our home has not lost power during these recent storms, but we know many that have and we have seen coverage of deaths and damage from the use of gas generators be it house fires, carbon monoxide poisoning, or running out of gas.
Please take precautions to not be one of these casualties!  If you must use a gas generator or open flame, please do so w/considerable forethought and following manufacturers directions. 
Or consider a safer, clean energy option such as a renewable energy generator rechargable by solar or wind (which always seems to come the day after the storm).
Stay safe and stay warm.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Welcome to my blog. Please check back soon for new entries.