What would a random power outage cost you? Think about all of the important things in your house that require energy to run. Whether it is your hairdryer, television, microwave, or air conditioner, we know you’re dependent on energy for day-to-day tasks and you can’t afford to do without it.
Georgia a parking attendant gave the keys to an Audi A7 to the wrong customer
accidentally and instead of pointing out the mistake the person took the
car and crashed into a power pole.
Hawaii, a chicken got into some co-op equipment at a switchyard and tripped
the circuit breakers.
Florida, a fire truck ladder got hooked on power lines and pulled them
down causing an outage.
- 45 people were affected for an hour for unknown reasons in Indianapolis, IN.
- 3,600 were affected by a garbage truck crashing into a power line in Lauderhill, FL.
- 2,800 were affected for 2.5 hours by a fire in Marinette, WI.
- 991 were affected by a fire in Scranton, PA.
- 1,500 were affected for 9 hours by a fallen wire in Lincoln City, OR.
- 2,000 were affected for unknown reasons in Kansas City, MO.
- 12,404 were affected by storms that hit Oklahoma City, OK
- 1,000 were affected when heavy rainfall cut power in Harrison Country, TX.
- An unreported number of people were affected 4 hours for planned emergency work in Dallastown, PA.
- 14,000 were affected when a man crashed into a power pole in Tampa, FL.